Top 10 Ways to Get Fired
Any of the things listed below should get you fired, or at least penalized. However, you probably shouldn’t do anything of the things listed below unless you really don’t care about getting a good reference ever.
- Be late for work by at least an hour, every single shift, until you’re fired.
- Blatently flirt with your coworkers – this may also get you slapped with a sexual harassment lawsuit.
- Use the company phone to make long distance calls to your grandparents.
- Throw a major tantrum in front of your boss or to your boss and don’t apologize afterwards.
- Make a big fuss about how you’re the only one that does any work – works best when this is definitely not the case.
- Complain about everything: your boss, your coworkers, your customers. Bonus points for complaining to your customers about the customers.
- Break the dress code in every single way possible.
- Complain when your customers give you all coins and make a big show of counting out each coin, screwing up the counting when they complain about how long you’re taking, and then starting all over.
- Paint your nails when you’re supposed to be working.
- While working at the cashier, read a book instead. When customers ask you to ring up their purchases, tell them to wait until you’re finished the chapter.