Filed under: Newsworthy, Shopping
Today is going to be interesting and great. Why?
- It’s currently snowing (snow = bad for public transportation).
- My parents took my sister’s cell phone (without asking her first…) so I let her take mine (we are now seriously considering getting them a pay-as-you-go phone so people will stop taking my cell phone … I’m possessive that way).
- I need to use public transportation in order to get to the mall with the store that I wish to get to.
- Because I have a specific present in mind and I will find it and he will like it.
- I plan on getting home at around noon and then I can spend time on the computer before baking (baking!).
- It’s snowing. A lot. Oh crap.
Other awesome things about today is that it’s Project for Awesome, which I found out about yesterday. It’s where people on Youtube make videos where they talk about their favourite charities. Apparently last year they took over the front page of Youtube and this year they expect nothing less. If I were to choose a charity to showcase, I think that I would choose Room to Read, which is an organization dedicated to building schools, libraries and filling them with books to encourage children literacy. And since reading is something that is near and dear to my heart, it’s definitely an organization that I would recommended donating to if you have the chance. Another one is Canada Blood Services, which is for donating blood. Something else that is more important than money because you can live with a few dollars short in your pocket, but you can’t really live without blood in your body (… well… technically you can, medically speaking… but not for very long).
I hope you all have an awesome day, I’m off to brave the cold now.