Filed under: Randomosity with tags: excitement, holidays, musings, stress
Someone informed me that Christmas is coming up soon. Which is awful for so many reasons:
- that means that November is ending relatively soon
- which means that my psychology term paper (that I haven’t really worked on much, besides notes) is due soon
- which further means that final exams are coming up soon
- and my final exams end just 4 days before Christmas
- which means I actually need to plan relatively early (read: a week ago) for presents for people
- and that if I want to do crafts or bake, I actually need to plan for that
- ditto for shopping (for baking supplies, jewellery findings or yarn, store-bought gifts, cards, wrapping paper, tissue paper, ribbon, tape as I think I’ve run out)
So this year… Presents, presents, presents. Because Christmas is just 5 weeks and 5 days away. That’s just a little less than a month! Meep. I’m thinking a lot of baking (shortbread and sugar cookies – because that doesn’t involve searching for a new recipe to exploit and abuse) followed by some crocheting and some jewellery making. Which leaves the question of what I’m making for people. Ugh. Too much thinking.
Anyways, in terms of productivity today…
I cleaned (whoot!), did an organic chemistry assignment (whoot?), finished off the last slice of birthday cake and spent a bit of time on TFLN (because FML started getting boring…). Also, read The Kid : What Happened After My Boyfriend and I Decided to Go Get Pregnant by Dan Savage, which was a birthday pressie from K – absolutely loved it, everyone should read it.
Hope you all had a wonderful Sunday.
Questions for today:
- How ‘ready’ are you in terms of Christmas (or your winter holiday of choice) present shopping/decorating?
- What is one thing that you’re looking forward to?
- What is the last book that you’ve read? Would you recommend it?
- What is one site that you like to go to for procrastination purposes?
- HAH. Not ready at all.
- Umm… Probably for the term to be over. And this upcoming Saturday 😀 Have tickets for something awesome.
- The Kid : What Happened After My Boyfriend and I Decided to Go Get Pregnant by Dan Savage. Excellent book, I’d definitely recommend it. The general premise talks about Dan’s relationship with his partner, Terry, and how they go through the process of deciding on open adoption and the process of going through it.
- Texts From Last Night (TFLN). Fun things to do there? Look up your own area code, your name, or your friends’ names.