The preparation for nursing school adventures continue! Since my last entry in late May, I have:
- Gotten an adult polio booster – no iron lung for me!
- Gotten an negative on a Tb[1. Tuberculosis] skin test, yay!
- Passed and received a certificate stating that I know how to put on a respiratory mask safely (I paid for the pleasure of having someone spray bitter tasting chemicals in front of my face, awesome).
- Ordered 7 textbooks (so far). I’ve recieved one so far (pathophysiology).
- Signed up for a Health Care Provider CPR course (renewal) – I’ll be doing that later this month
So besides waiting for textbooks to arrive and taking a CPR course, I also need to pay tuition. Then I’ll be pretty much ready for school to start in August. I’ll have 18 chapters of prereading for one course and a few chapters to read for another course, but besides that, I’m ready. I’m also going to be flat out broke once I pay tuition, but at least I will have officially secured my spot and I’ll be ready. Erm, aside from still needing to get a stethoscope and scrubs, I’ll be ready.
I’ll be ready, but my bank account is also going to be at the lowest it’s ever been since I was 16. And that’s saying something. Luckily, I start work on Monday (June 11th), so I won’t be broke for very long (at most it’ll be 3 weeks to wait for the first paycheque to be deposited), but still.
Oh! In other news, since May 20th (the date of my last entry), I graduated from university! I have a Bachelor of Science! Which is super awesome! I also went on a road trip to Vancouver Island and here’s a selection of photos from my trip:
Bonus internet points for whoever knows what song my blog entry title comes from.