Did you have fun?

Written on February 3, 2009 at 11:29 pm
Filed under: Friends

I have a question for everyone (the general public, in general), but it needs a bit of an explanation first.

I have a friend who told me today that he/she (attempting not to disclose a gender to this friend, ugh, I’m going to kick myself for this effort later) went to¬† strip club over the weekend another friend. Then he/she watches my face like I’m supposed to suddenly be super disgusted or super elated for them that they decided to do this. Keep in mind that I know that he/she is currently in a relationship and I’m really just like “That’s nice, did you have fun?” and he/she looks at me like I’m absolutely insane and goes “You’re not mad? Really?”

Why would someone that I am not in a relationship with think that I would be mad or angry over their extra-curricular activities? Why would someone that I am not in a relationship with think that I would kinda care over how they spend their hard-earned money?

Hell, if the Boy told me that he went to a strip club with a friend, I don’t think that I’d particularly care. Unless, of course, he canceled a date with me for it. In which case I’d get pissed off just on principle.

If someone that you know told you that they went to a strip club (or some other legal adult establishment), what kind of response do you think that you would give?

6 Responses to “Did you have fun?”

1. Georgina says:

Well, if I were your friend, I’d expect you to feel disgusted in the slightest.

Cancelling a date though, calls for the introduction of a foot to a backside.

However if a friend told me that, it depends who. I mean, most of my friends I’d have a pretty shocked reaction to. There’s probably the odd one or two I’d say ‘ahh.. typical’ – or just sigh.

2. Kimm says:

if someone canceled a date to go to one then I’m be mad but just to go just to go see whats all about.. I wouldn’t care if I was with someone or not.

3. Kelsey says:

“Were the strippers good looking?” is my usual reaction.
    I’m always curious =)

4. Jenna says:

LOL depends on who. If someone like S told me that I’d probably fall over and say “YOU DID WHAT?!” but it really depends otherwise I’d be like “good for you?”

5. Lauren says:

Well, personally, if one of my friends went to a strip club, I wouldn’t particularly care. I mean, it’s not my cup of tea, but it’s their choice, right? Whatever, I say.

It’s weird that your friend expected some great reaction. o.O

6. Nile says:

I would be the strange one and complain ‘What the hell…. why did you not call me up so I could go too?’ lol…really I would. I go on occasion. I am a pretty open-minded person. I think of it this way… the women have what I have and it is a place for my guy friends to hang out that I love to hang with… so I go.

However, I would be mad if my date would cancel over that…an again say, why did they not bring me. I think people do not realize that these times are not like before. The world itself is going through a long sexual revolution and redefining what is proper or not.