Filed under: Personal with tags: reflections
A lot of people in Twitter, or at least on my contact list, have been talking about what they were like 10 years ago and how they picture their lives 10 years from now.
10 years ago today, I would have been on winter break from school, and probably just hanging out at home. I was a quiet girl (erm, still am? to an extent), painfully shy, perfectly incapable of public speaking (and dreaded doing speeches for class). 10 years ago, my main hobbies would have included roleplaying, making dinky websites online and reading as much as I humanly could. I would have also read the majority of my school’s library collection, as well as a large portion of the books at my public library. I did relatively well in school besides physical education (because, really, what has P.E. done for me?). I was hopelessly crushing on a boy who was moonlighting as my friend. Also, I actually had an interest in sports back then (surprising, I know). I participated in track events, badminton, etc.
10 years from now… I’ll be 30. I will have graduated from post secondary with a degree in nursing (no matter what path I end up taking to get there). I will also hopefully be…
- employed (full time) in the capacity where I’m using my degree
- moved out of my parents’ house, living on my own or with someone(s)
- owning a fabulous yarn and bead stash (and my own sewing machine)
- the owner of a very special group of Blythes
- married (??) or at the very least engaged (??)
- have (a) child(ren) (??) or… a ferret (or two)? or… turtles? or… rabbits? or… lizards? Oh! Oh! Or lizards, turtles, rabbits, ferrets AND (a) human child(ren)? (Yeah, I totally want to own a zoo.)
- blogging still
- happy with the choices that I’ve made in my life, over the next 10 years
How was your life 10 years ago? What has changed? What has stayed the same?
Where do you see yourself in 10 years? How old will you be? What do you hope will happen?