What’s the size of your footprint?

Written on October 16, 2010 at 8:16 pm
Filed under: University with tags: ,

In my ecology class, we talked about ecological footprint. It’s the number of ‘earths’ you’d need to support everyone on the planet if everyone lived the same sort of lifestyle as you.

The size of my footprint?

2.67 Earths to support my lifestyle for the total human population on the planet, if everyone lived like me.

You can check out my results page and take the quiz yourself to see how you measure up – in terms of the number of earths it takes to support your lifestyle and how you compare to your country’s average.

6 Responses to “What’s the size of your footprint?”

1. Amanda says:

I got about half yours – 1.36 Earths. It probably helps that I live in a small apartment and travel to work mainly by public transport, not a house…

• Michelle says:

Yeah.. I live in a stand-alone family home with a front and back yard, I take public transit, but also drive on occasion because the transit system isn’t convenient for getting to some places (like 2 hours via transit or 30 minutes by car).

2. Shola says:

1.02 Earths – We live in terraced housing but we recycle a lot, grow our own stuff (or try to) plus I cycle everywhere. : ) I admit, I could be better but when nobody else is, you kinda lose motivation.

3. Josephine says:

Michelley! I’m alive! I never see you on msn though… I just finished my biochem exam (first out of three) and I’m pretty sure I failed… ~____~

Is that a giant microbe I see in your Flicker box? (I have Mad cow and Brain cells) They’re so cute~

So… Taiwan is non-exsistant on the footprint webpage… I live in a “country” that most people don’t recognize. Excellent.

But… Flora Expo 2010 is coming up in Taipei, and I’m volunteering as a tour guide. Come see the pretty flowers~ Come smell the pollution~ Come see me!

• Michelle says:

Josephina!

It is a giant microbe! It’s an early birthday present from Jenna – she gave me the common cold! I already have a flu that I got from my sister 😉

LOL at Taiwan being non-existent… Just put down China 😛

4. Caity says:

1.58 Earths
    Hopefully it will be way less when I move out on my own again.