I did something to my back while at work today… Which is beyond sad since everything I’ve done today is do data entry. Which means I did something to my back while sitting in a chair. And it’s a nice computer chair too… I started off with a very ridge chair with a very straight back to it to one that has a slightly curved back with more cushioning at the lower back and near my head/neck area. It’s actually quite comfortable. So I have no idea what I’ve done to myself this time. Maybe I’m just getting old or something.
I had this very awkward exchange with someone at work today. I was (am still…) wearing a pair of white capris with runners and a large-ish t-shirt and my hair in a pony tail. And then there was this:
V: Michelle, you look very nice today!
M: Thank you.
V: What’s wrong with you?*
M: … Excuse me?
V: Did you throw up?
M: … -slow blink- Did you say “throw up” or “grow up”?
V: I said “throw up’. Only girls who throw up a lot look like you do.
M: Umm… Okay then… I’m going to go back to my desk now…
* It was this point that I should have walked away without another word. That’s what I should have done. Curse the manners that have been instilled into me.
Very awkward, no? Oh, the conversations that I have with the people at work. None of the conversations I have with any of the women at work are ever quite as odd, as insulting, as entertaining or as downright weird as the ones I have with the guys at work. And generally it’s the ones working in production, rather than the ones working in the offices (might be an age-gap thing). Must say though, at least they give me good material for my blog. Inadvertantly, anyways.
- What’s one interesting exchange that you had today (or recently)? What made it interesting for you? (Or just really awkward?)
- What things (or people) do you call “baby” or other endearments?
That’s so dang weird! o_o And sad that a person would assume that you have to starve yourself in order to maintain your appearance. *shakes head*
1. A little while ago at work, I didn’t know whether to be flattered or creeped out while a group of white trash guys discussed how my eyes were “the nicest they’d ever seen.” Or something along those lines. o_o
2. I often call my best friend “darling”, “hon”, “dear”, “love”, etc.; I like endearments a lot, and I do often use them toward anyone I’m close with, but my best friend just gets them the most because we are so close.
Oh, and I use any sort of cute name for my kitty cat. :3
It’s possible you’ve seen this already but I’ll show it anyway:
Oh honesty =)
I’ve hurt my back sitting in a nice computer chair before too. Sitting in a strange position for extended amounts of time is never a good thing.
What a strange conversation? Eww. I can’t recall any weird conversations I’ve had lately although I’m sure they exist.