Filed under: Family, University with tags: biology, birthdays, cheerful antics, halloween, musings
Happy Halloween everyone!
I did get dressed up today. Sort of. I wore cat ears to the bank, to the mall, out for lunch. The people at the bank (the ones that recognize me) commented on them because I’m the only person that they’ve seen dressed up that came into the bank so far that was wearing clothes appropriate for the weather (well yeah, my mom was there…). The staff at the restaurant that we went to (we’re regulars) just smiled and nodded and asked me what I wanted for lunch. People at the mall? Well, some of them were friendly. I had this little girl run up to me because she was dressed up like a mouse and wanted to know if I was going to chase her, so adorable. And then, at the other end of the spectrum, a guy who was in a group with some other guys went “What’s up pussy… cat?” and said some other stuff that’s not fitting for the internet. Ugh. But besides that… I’ve been productive today.
- Went to the bank (yay for paying bills and cashing in cheques)
- Went out for lunch (there were two kids at another table that were loudly going “Why is that old lady wearing cat ears?”. They looked to be about 4-6 years old. But old? Really?)
- Went grocery shopping, placed an order for two birthday cakes (one for the sister, one for me!)
- Encountered more kids, was told by some people working in mall stores that I’m too old for trick-or-treater (because, really, when someone is actually browsing through the stuff in a store, they’re totally looking to ask for some candy)
- Worked on my biology paper and finished it – also, submitted it to TurnItIn.com and it informed me that I had 4% ‘plagiarized’ parts of my ~1000 word paper (including citations). Citation #1: one of my cited works (not changing, because that’d be stupid) and Citation #2: symptoms of a disease (“night blindness and loss of peripheral vision […] and […] the”). Sent an email to my TA to see if I have to change the second one.
- Typed up and uploaded a poem that I wrote on Friday onto Chelle-Chelle.com (need to be registered, logged in and an approved user in order to read it).
Now I’m off to do a little bit of crocheting, while having a glass of wine and watching a movie. I’m talking to one of my friends from school on msn and she can’t decide if it’s sad and pathetic that I’m drinking alone and staying home on Halloween or if it’s sort of classy to be drinking wine instead of something else and to not be getting completely drunk at a random Halloween party (like she’s going to be doing in probably half an hour) while dressed up in a costume that would be right at home on a stripper pole. I opted for neither, but she insisted on saying that it was a classy sort of pathetic. Thanks, really, T.
How was your Halloween?