Filed under: Family with tags: annoyances, father, stress, stupidity
Little updates for what’s been happening so far:
- I registered for classes for the 2010/2011 school year – I’m going to be taking 9 classes (1 statistics, 2 oceanography, 6 biology) which includes 9 classes worth of lectures and a total of 5 lab components (3 in term 1, 2 in term 2).
- I successfully stalked the courses that I wanted to get into a better time slot for (ecology) and to get off the waitlist and into the actual class (animal locomotion – like flight, running, climbing, swimming, etc.).
- I finished another project at work, yay.
- I finally finished and photographed prototype hats for a new pattern that I’m done and got the prototypes out to people who are trying them out on their kids, whoot.
- I nearly finished another crochet pattern, yay! Just need to redo some parts and test it out again.
I talk about my dad quite a bit sometimes, especially when he’s done something ridiculous.
I got home from work today with my mom and the first thing I saw was my mirror (oval shaped, it has a wooden frame with gold paint, candle stick holders, ornate carving – best thing I’ve ever picked up from spring cleaning week ever) hanging from a branch of one of the hedge trees in my back yard. I was pissed at that, so I went and got it down from the tree and took it back inside of the house.
My dad opens the door and sees it in my hand and angrily demands to know why I have it (it’s mine and I never gave anyone permission to put it outside). And he starts in on this whole lecture about how I leave my clothes lying around everywhere, how my room is a mess, how dirty clothes attract the insects into the house and on and on and on.
I go and put the mirror away and there is nothing on my bed besides the sheet and a few stuffed animals and a power cord (for my cell phone). I then go and eat dinner and he starts talking about how I left so many clothes on my bed and if I don’t want to have something washed yet, I should hang it on my chair. I then turn my attention to the pile of stuff from my room that he’s got in the dining room (we eat in the kitchen). None of the hoodies or cardigans that were in the pile were on my bed – they had been on my chair (like he was suggesting). My pillows were in the pile as well. Along with a bathrobe and my pajamas.
He had originally put all of that stuff outside to “get some sun”.
On the grass.
And then informed me that if he ever finds an insect in the house, it’s my fault and I’ll be kicked out for it.
Right. After he went and put my stuff outside. Guess where insects live.
So pissed off because of all of that. I didn’t do anything. If he doesn’t like the way I keep my room, he doesn’t have to go in there. He doesn’t have to do anything at all and he should get a freaking hobby besides bitching at me every single day.