I spent an hour today attempting to teach my friend how to knit and purl as she decided a little while ago that she would knit her boyfriend a scarf for Christmas. Actually, let me amend that: she wants to knit a scarf that is ~30cm wide and ~6 feet long. By Christmas. So ~6 feet is ~72 inches. She got two rows done today, in an hour (because her scarf is so damn wide), which is about… a third of an inch. Meanwhile, I was crocheting away and then wanted to know why my project (a hat) was going so much faster than hers… Perhaps because I know what I’m doing? Because I know how to read a pattern? Because I’m not knitting and dropping my stitches every few seconds?
My sisters been asking me for Christmas lists already… And then they reminded me that it was December already. Argh. That being said, I’ve bought all the ingredients that I need for my cookies this holiday season. They’re going to be very sprinkle covered and embedded with sprinkles, yum. Just need to have time to bake (and bake and bake and bake and bake and bake!) cookies so I can package them up to give away (or eat…). My mom came home yesterday and someone at work asked if I was sending cookies to work again… She remembered the question as “Is what’s-her-name sending us cookies again?”. So they remember my baking, but not so much my name, tear.
Been having a sore throat the last two days.. Which really sucks. I was meaning to attend a review session for my organic chemistry class, except it’s from 5pm-8pm and I was not feeling well today. I got off class at 1pm, and I just couldn’t stay the entire time to wait for the review session to begin – I really wanted to go, but I wasn’t feeling well. Plus, they were going to go over the practice finals that are up online, and they go over exactly how to answer those questions… But I haven’t tried those practice finals yet, and I know if I had gone and just copied down whatever they wrote down, I’d barely give those questions a second glance. So I guess it’s a good thing that I hadn’t gone – makes it better for me to actually do the work.
Only two more days of classes. Crap.
Which, of course, means that finals are coming up… yay? But as soon as finals are done, that means it’s time to relax…. before the next term starts. Mmm, time to bake and time to craft – I can’t wait.
- What is something material that you want for Christmas/Hannakuah/whichever winter holiday you celebrate?
- If people were to donate to a charity in your name, which one would you want people to donate to?
- What is one thing that you like about the winter holidays?
- A Blythe (Ice Rune…), or books, or sock-weight yarn, or more knitting needles in more sizes.
- Probably Room to Read or WWF.
- Snow on Christmas Day, Boxing Day sales (because I’m absolutely crazy at times) and copious amounts of hot chocolate.
Am I crazy or did you just do Finals? Or was that Midterms? Ahh Im so out of the loop. I want cookies now, thank you. Do you ship to Arkansas?
What is something material that you want for Christmas/Hannakuah/whichever winter holiday you celebrate?
– Well, I picked out GH: World Tour but.. I now want a new phone because mine is.. dead. I’ll buy that myself though.
If people were to donate to a charity in your name, which one would you want people to donate to?
– Probably a charity for abused women/children.
What is one thing that you like about the winter holidays?
– The cold. I’d say snow but we don’t really get it here.
30 cm wide for a scarf seems a little excessive….
1. Umm an AA double U neck dress in Black? I haven’t made a list yet…
2. Technically not a charity, but the ANH of our city.
3. Sleeping in and eating breakfast with my family. Or getting to see extended family. Or Turkey and Ham. Or shortbread… this was more than one 😛
@Kelsey: Oh, 30 cm is definitely a little excessive, especially in the weight of yarn she was planning on getting, and for a first project. It took me months to finish a scarf that was ~20 cm across and 7+ feet long, but I already knew how to do the stitches ahead of time so… -shrugs-