Filed under: Family with tags: annoyances, cheerful antics, father, sisters
@ Georgina – The standing ovations are at the end of the very last lecture (ever) for that class for the term, not at the end of every single lecture (I think my hands would start to hurt). We do clap (not standing O’s though) for guest speakers or whenever we had a demonstration in chemistry – those resulted in explosions or whatnot.
The nice thing about no longer having classes is a) sleeping in and b) eating all my meals at home (… university food is expensive and I get a little scattered in the morning and don’t always remember to snag my sandwich from the fridge – I do however keep a really nice selection of granola bars in my backpack).
The bad thing about no longer having classes is a) my dad wakes me up and assumes that I’ve overslept and am going to be very late for my classes, b) getting distracted by things (i.e. having to run errands, having to do chores, etc.) and c) my dad is home. All. The. Freaking. Time.
I know, sometimes I wrote blog entries and it makes it sound like I don’t like my dad. And that’s not it at all. I do. However, there are times when there is such a thing as ‘too much’. For instance… Being told for the millionth time that he’s not getting any younger and would really like some grandkids, like yesterday? Not necessary. Or being asked if I’ve brushed my teeth yet because I really ought to brush my teeth (… which I do!).
In other news… My sister’s coming up for a weekend (and for my mommy’s birthday!) soon. Which will be fun. She’s actually coming up for a job interview, which my dad will be happy to hear about if she gets the job (since it is a) in Canada and b) a ‘government’ job). If she gets it, I’ll officially be able to refer to my sister as the federal slave. I can’t wait.
Questions for you
- Name one website that you go on every single day, without fail (unless, of course, you have an internet or power failure). Why?
- What’s one thing that you dislike about Facebook, Myspace, Twitter or any other social-networking website where you have an account?
- What’s one animal that you’d like to see in plushie format?
- Erm… Is it weird to say ‘my sites’? The Craftster forums are a daily browse, for the most part.
- Facebook: the application invites. Myspace: no longer use it. Twitter: weird followers…?
- A blowfish.