Filed under: University, Work with tags: annoyances, conversations, coworkers, mishaps, stress, stupidity
8 more work days! (Can you tell that I’m counting down?)
On the school front – I have not gotten a response yet regarding that ‘unpaid registration fee’ for the summer term (obviously, I did not take any courses during the summer and it should have been removed from my account ages ago). I need to have it removed soon, as I plan on paying for my tuition (September-December) term this weekend (as it needs a few business days to be fully processed). Yay, paying tuition, whoot?
I’ve been kept busy with work today, at work. I was tempted to actually bring home work today because I hardly got as much done today as I wanted to. But… I didn’t, because I didn’t really want to do work at home (but I know I need to get it done – deadlines!). I was busy with 2 meetings (and driving between Building A and Building B) and sketching out designs and getting things commented and suggestions on. People are too damn agreeable sometimes, sigh.
And the damn highlight of my day? I got roped into the longest conversation of my life with someone that I don’t even like. Gahh, I felt like ripping my hair out after that conversation because the person that I don’t like? SO full of himself and was telling me about how he compares to Einstein and how he took an IQ test once and the tester told him that he was a genius and whatnot. Ugh. This is the person who told me that 40 multiplied by 4 was 400. Right before he told me that he was a certified genius. It took all the will power I had not to go and hit my head against the cement wall. Because anyone who thinks that 40 by 4 (160) is 400 needs to a) get their head examined, b) go back to fourth grade math and c) stop referring to themselves as a genius.
Now, the reason why it was the longest conversation of my life is because I think I’m too polite sometimes and I just get a little uncertain about telling someone to STFU, especially in at work. In hindsight, I really wish that I had. Mostly because it was just so damn long and all I needed was to ask one question and it turned into a spiel of how he’s a catch and how all women love him and whatnot. *gags*
- What is the most expensive thing that you’ve paid for recently that you had to pay for?
- What was the highlight of your day? (Actual highlight or sarcastic one, like my own)
- If you’re still in school… When is your first day back? (And if you’re on a different term system than I am, when’s your last day of the term?)
- What is one thing that you’re looking forward to from September to December?
- Haven’t paid for it yet, but tuition and textbooks for the fall.
- Sarcastic highlight – read above entry.
- September 8th (it’s always the Tuesday after Labour Day – Labour Day is the 1st Monday of September)
- New notebooks for classes, new pens!, my birthday (I’m turning two decades old), Christmas break