Filed under: Newsworthy, Randomosity, University with tags: annoyances, chemistry, excitement, musings, stress, studying
This is how I spent my Sunday…
- Woke up to really odd texts from my friend K, who’s phone likes to spontaneously text people that texts aren’t addressed to.
- Took a photo at around 6am – I decided on Friday since I’m going to be up so disgustingly early, I may as well take photos! It’s my Flickr project, but I’m not going to be nutty and do it every day… I missed Saturday due to the fact that I was too lazy.
- Baking (sort of – made bread today! We have a bread machine, but the thing that ‘turns’ the dough doesn’t work anymore, so it involves actual kneading and just baking in the bread machine.)
- Went out for lunch with the family (best thing that we ordered: chicken, potatoes, onions and bell peppers in coconut curry. Yum!)
- Readings (organic chemistry review, infant psychology text and my plant biology text)
- Tutorial problems for organic chemistry (I don’t believe it’s for marks, I hate the program though – it causes Firefox to crash every few questions)
- Wrote an article for Chelle-Chelle.com on how to find free knit and crochet patterns
- Read more organic chemistry from the textbook
- Found someone to buy a cell biology textbook from, yay! Because buying the 3rd edition at $170+tax when I could get the 2nd edition for $50 and my prof includes chapters/page numbers for both editions is stupid. Especially since I’d probably only be able to sell the 3rd edition for like $130~ next year anyways, if I was selling it to another student ($85 to buyback at the school bookstore – rip off much?)
- I caught up on: returning comments (for the most part, I think?), emails (who knew neglecting it for a day would result in so much?), my roleplaying game stuff.
- Started to think about my infant psychology term paper (the abstract isn’t due until the end of October, my paper isn’t due until November 30) as I don’t want to actually be working on its entirety in November (when I have so much going on then in all my other classes)
I think I was fairly productive, don’t you? At least for the baking, the lunching, the reading and the writing. And it’s not even the second week of classes yet! Hopefully I can keep this up throughout the entire term (or attempt to, at least). Tomorrow I’ve got 3 classes, and I’m also selling my psychology book tomorrow (yay!). Unfortunately, I paid close to $130 for it and I’m selling it at $85 because some douchebag on the book selling group on Facebook marked his copy of the exact same text (same edition) for $50. And suddenly everyone else started pricing their psychology books at lower prices. Oh well, $85 is better than nothing, right?
- How did you spend your Sunday?
- What did you do that was productive?
- What is one thing that you’ve learned about yourself recently?
- *points up*
- Studied, studied, studied.
- I get stressed out easily over things that haven’t even occurred yet (wait a moment, this isn’t new!).