So… No entry yesterday. And I have a very good reason for it. I woke up fairly early and I went shopping with my sisters. I ended up buying 3 glass focal beads (dichroic glass, for any that care) for my jewellery work at half-price – something I was incredibly happy about. I wasn’t in a particularly good mood yesterday because I didn’t get a whole lot of sleep because I may have stayed up because I may had provoked an argument with my boyfriend.

But you can swap out the ‘may have’s with just ‘had’.

I’m not even quite sure why I did it. But… I did. And he was really, really upset with me, to say the least. And I felt horrible about it. However, I still ended up taking the bus-train-bus transit combination out to see him. It was a bit iffy at first, we stopped by McDonalds to get dinner – first time in many years getting food from a McDonalds. Then ended up going to his house where I said hi to his parents and we ate while watching tv for a bit. He offered his fries/I kinda stole half of his fries and… we made up. We played some video games, he tickled me many, many, many, many times, watched some stand-up comedy. I choked on Skittles (!!!), which caused him to stop paying attention to the video game and lose (whoopsies), but obviously, I survived that. We spent a lot of time talking and it was really nice, since we also haven’t really had a chance to talk at all lately at work. There’s just always been something coming up – like work… or meetings… or my computer decides to hate me and I have to redo more work… Or just something. But it was really nice because I got to spend a lot of alone time with him and it’s just one of the things that I don’t get out of a regular work day. I can have eye contact and maybe a hug or two and a little bit of conversation. But I don’t get things like kisses, or getting to play with his hair, or get picked up for hugs or anything like that. So it was nice.

Today was… Crap. Well, it started off as crap. I was playing on going shopping and buying a Blythe doll prior to volunteering…. But my father has poor time management skills, planning skills and restaurant-picking skills. Or he lacks those skills.

I volunteer at 1pm. I always do. It’s kind of… set into stone by now, for Sundays. So when he told me that we’d be back in the local area by 12. So I said, okay, I’d go out with the family. Back in the local area by 12, my foot! There was an hour plus wait at the restaurant for the table alone! By then it was noon, so I called volunteering and left a message for G letting her know that I wasn’t going to be showing up. So I was upset, because a) my parents were saying that we weren’t going to go out to the store where they had the Blythe dolls (which was my goal for the weekend!) and b) I wasn’t going to be able to make it back in time for volunteering. So… I pouted. Which wasn’t particularly mature, but meh. My sister D shopped for shoes (and failed) while J went and bought long skipping ropes (for double dutch). I was bitter and sarcastic. Then we went to the other mall and within five minutes, I was walking out of the store with a Blythe doll in a bag.

This is Sophie, she’s a Cappuccino Chat Blythe. There’s more photos over at my flickr photostream.


2 Responses

  1. Awww at least you made up and spent quality time together.

    And at least you got your Blythe in the end =D

  2. SO jealous!

    Though, mostly jealous that you can actually just go out and buy a Blythe. I don’t think there is any place around here to get one.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *