Another Monday, another day at school. The weekend just seemed to go by too fast this time. I didn’t get a whole lot done this weekend (a little thrift store hopping, a little shopping, getting stitches removed, getting new glasses, catching up on reading for biology and biochemistry and deciding on a topic for my biology paper), I wish there had been more time to do more of what I would have liked (I had planned to bake cupcakes, but never got the chance because someone used up all of the sugar and didn’t a) say anything when I said I was going to bake cupcakes and b) didn’t go and buy more. Grrrr.
School was pretty tame today. Got to see a bunch of videos of Celphalopods (squid, cuttlefish, octopuses, etc.) doing crazy things. Seriously, glow-in-the-dark eyes of an octopus are pretty darn creepy. But the videos were pretty awesome. I didn’t learn too much in math, only because some idiot in the front kept on trying to argue with the prof that the math was wrong [(1/√2)² = ½ but the student kept on arguing that it was really ¼]. Oy. Plants biology was pretty fun… Once my prof could actually connect his laptop (which had the powerpoint file) to the podium (connected to the projection system). So overall, school was pretty tame today. Nothing out of the ordinary. My scheduled (mandatory!) biochemisty tutorial was canceled for the week (I only have it on Mondays, and it got canceled for all tutorials). And since I wasn’t expected home until later anyways… I went shopping. But not before a classmate in my plants biology class asked me this question:
Are you Team Edward or Team Jacob?
I expected a question like “Do you have white-out I can borrow?” or “What did the prof just say about [insert figure here]?”. She’s friends with my friend, R, so I don’t really know her all that well. She said that she just “discovered” Twilight and really wanted to know if I was more for Edward or more for Jacob (she’s still reading the series and just finished New Moon). And all I could say was “Erm…” Definitely not Team Edward and definitely not Team Jacob. And it would have been narcissistic to claim to be Team Me (lol), so I just claimed to be on my boyfriend’s team and that satisfied her curiosity. She was wearing a Team Jacob shirt today (and said she had an Team Edward shirt that she was going to wear on Wednesday. And that it was covered in glitter, ack.)
Ahem, moving on… My thrifted hoodie (from Saturday!) in the most cheerful print ever. There’s hearts, trees, suns, clouds, flowers, stars, ducks and just so much all over it. They look like doodles, but it is an actual print (not just the product of a bored person’s imagination with a few permanent markers). It’s definitely a wear-to-school hoodie. Or a sit-at-home-on-the-laptop hoodie. =) Which is just fine by me, since I’m at school 5 days of the week anyways (might as well wear something that I like! Just need to remember not to wear on lab days, I would consider crying if I got toluidine blue on this hoodie).
Close-up of the scribble-doodle print! Can you tell why I love it? ♥
And today’s little yarn shopping trip… Regia sock yarn! The one in the top left hand corner is 100g, all the others are 50g. The three balls of yarn on the top are for my sister (enough for 2 pairs of adult-sized socks!) and the bottom four balls (in bright, subdued and pastel!) are for dolly knitting projects. I also bought the most massive roll of twill tape ever for making my own DIY fabric labels to put my name on my projects.
Questions for you:
- What kind of craft supplies do you buy (if any)? What kind of crafts do you do?
- What is one of your pet peeves when it comes to tweets from someone that you’re following on Twitter? (Only applies if you use Twitter, of course.)
- What’s the dorkiest thing that you’ve done today?
- Yarn, beads, wire, paints, cardstock, ribbon, fabric squares, thread. Crocheting, knitting, jewellery making/design, paper crafts (card making), sewing.
- If people constantly swear repeatedly. If people whine over stupid stuff (constantly). If people just bitch and moan about stuff and never explain it (I know it’s not a blog, but seriously, a little explanation if you’re going to curse someone out would be awesome). Or if someone does all of the above and never says anything else. Twitter ≠ place for angsty (and boring) teenagers to complain on. Thanks.
- Recited the first 20-ish digits of π.
What kind of craft supplies do you buy (if any)? What kind of crafts do you do?
– Recently started jewelery making so I would buy beads, crystals, anything jewelery related.
What is one of your pet peeves when it comes to tweets from someone that you’re following on Twitter? (Only applies if you use Twitter, of course.)
– People who is constantly re tweeting other people’s tweets. They should at least write their own tweet once in a while!
What’s the dorkiest thing that you’ve done today?
– Nothing dorky happened today, just usual work day 🙁
Nifty yarn. I need to get some new stuff ’cause I wanna try to crochet myself a hat! 😉
Oh and you play with Blythe dolls? Those things kinda scare me. That’s why I get Pinky’s and Momoko’s xD Was looking at your photos and they’re really nice, but I don’t think I could ever own one and sleep at night hehe.
Haha. I know a lot of people who collect both Blythes and Momokos (among other dolls). Blythes remind me a lot of anime characters (big heads, small bodies, big eyes), probably what draws me to them. =)
I, too, am Team Nothing. Screw Twilight… stupid fangirls.
1. I don’t do any crafts XD
2. Um… I use Twitter, but not regularly or religiously, so… I don’t have any pet peeves yet.
3. YOU DON’T EVEN WANT TO KNOW.