Filed under: Personal, University with tags: biology, exams, food, midterms, sick, television
@ Shola – I had password protected posts pre-outing myself, so it’s not like they’re new or anything.
@ Lauren – To be fair, I’m sure there are 13-15 year olds who look like they’re 18-20 so they think that it’s okay. Because, you know, ‘age is just a number’. That being said, I could be mistaken for being under 16, so I don’t know where I fall in the whole scheme of things.
Anyways, my opinion on the ‘sexting’ thing (wow, that word looks lame). Sending photos to random strangers when you’re a minor (in all countries concerned) is a no-no. Sending sexually charged text messages to your boyfriend/girlfriend is good to go and you have my full stamp of approval. Provided that neither of you are minors in whichever country that you’re from. Or whatever.
So my biology exam. Biology, biology, biology. Why must you fail me? Of course, I’m sure it doesn’t help that I’ve been around really sick people all week long (thanks, mom and dad!) and then I woke up this morning. I was pretty okay. Had my breakfast (toast, strawberry jam, banana, tea – for all those really curious in my food intake), started reviewing my notes. Noticed that my throat hurt a little bit, but didn’t think that much of it. Wrote an email to volunteering to inform them that I’m not going in tomorrow (due to the fact that I’ve been around people who are sick and have gotten coughed and sneezed on, and have touched things that have been coughed and sneezed on). Had a bit of a headache, went to school. Studied some more, had a noticeable fever by the time my chem class ended. By the time I finished my biology midterm, I wasn’t feeling that great, pretty sure that I had just failed (but luckily my midterm is only 10% of my final grade!) and had a fever.
Ugh. So now I’m home, pretty sure that I failed, plus not feeling that great. But… I don’t know. I can’t bring myself to do anything productive. I’m waiting for my parents to be done watching television so I can watched my recorded programs (mmm, General Hospital…). Plus, I have soup! Vegetable soup (canned, has those little alphabet pieces in them – I’m currently trying to spell my name but I can’t find any C’s!) is really nice. And makes my throat feel a bit better. Which is always good. But I can’t really spell out my name without a C… Maybe I can get rid of the middle bit of an E and just call it a day… Or get rid of parts of an O… Or a G… Decisions, decisions.
I do apologize if I seem a little disorientated today. I blame it on not feeling well.
- What’s your favourite canned soup?
- What’s your daily caffeine intake look like?
- What sort of words have you tried to spell out with the alphabet pieces that come from soup (or cereal)?
- Name one thing that you’ve done with your cell phone that you would not want your parents to know about.
- When I’m sick, I like vegetable (like right now) with the letters. When I’m not sick, I like cream of mushroom.
- If I have time in the morning (and I rarely do), I’ll have a cup of tea. I usually have one after dinner. It’s 1 tea bag (orange pekoe), with 1-2 spoonfuls of white honey and enough evaporated milk to make my tea a few shades darker than my skin tone.
- My name, names of my immediate family members, names of countries (I’m a geek, what can I say?).
- Ahem. I’m going to quote something that I wrote near the beginning of my entry now. “Sending sexually charged text messages…”.