Filed under: University with tags: annoyances, cheerful antics, chemistry, musings, stress, unavoided disasters
(I’ve been a fan of doing list blog entries lately, gets the point across and I spend less time typing.)
- My school’s website is slow tonight – I can still access some parts of it, if I want to wait 5+ minutes for each page to load.
- The server that they use for the online course websites (where I access online notes, to either save or print out, and online quizzes) is down/on the fritz. It loaded the header and that’s it.
- The non-school website where I go to do organic chemistry problems? Also down. Won’t allow me to input my answers (on the bright side, it won’t count my attempt to input my answers as an incorrect attempt on the problem).
Computer/server issues? Apparently comes in threes.
The meeting I had planned to sell my biology textbook to a girl on campus went very smoothly. She arrived there before I did (a first!) and seemed quite happy to have it (and I was quite happy to have more money than I did when I woke up this morning). I did make a new meeting time with the girl who flaked on me on Monday, so hopefully that pans through. I did get her cell phone number this time, in case I need to call her. So, crossing fingers here! My sister joked that all my selling textbook money is going to be renamed to ‘dolly fund’. And chances are… it won’t be (at last I don’t plan for it to be).
Had quite a bit of fun at school. Got some freebies (avoided the people who were trying to get students to sign up for credit cards with the promise of a free shirt or water bottle) in the form of candies (new flavour or whatnot, didn’t like it), pens (heart pens) and mini Sharpie markers with the name of a large telephone company on them. Not a fan of the name being all over them, but I’m sure that can be removed. I do like the colours though (dark blue and lime-ish green!) and it came on a lanyard, fancy-shmancy. Class went well (only had one) and then I spent time in the library working on psychology and caught up with M, who’s in my psychology class. I never used to like her (attended the same high school for all four years), but once I got to know her, I actually find that I sort of like her. Granted, she’s still got a know-it-all facade, but she’s quite nice… A little into using hyperboles, but still nice.
- What is one thing that you got for free recently?
- What’s the last technology-related issue that you had?